Hoop Games Tournament Rules
The Hoop Games 3 on 3 Basketball Rules are based on the NCAA Collegiate Basketball Rules. Some of the more important rules as well as Rules unique to the Hoop Games tournaments are included herein. All players are responsible for reading this document prior to participating in Hoop Games.
Conduct and Disqualification: Good sportsmanship is essential in Hoop Games contests. Therefore, if an official ejects a player from a game, he/she will be prohibited in participating in the remainder of that contest, as well as any subsequent contests in the tournament. If any person engages in a fight during the course of the tournament, his/her team shall be disqualified from the remainder of the tournament. The use of profanity shall not be permitted. The opposing team will receive offensive possession. Continued use of profanity may result in ejection. All ejections and disqualifications can be appealed to the Tournament Director.
- The Game: 3 on 3 Basketball is a half-court game. All Games shall be officiated. All decisions made by the Official are final. Matters of technical dispute can be protested to the Tournament Director at the conclusion of the game.
- Number of Players: Teams must consist of a minimum of two players and a maximum of 5 players. Each players must be properly registered with the Tournament Director. Teams failing to provide two players at game time will forfeit.
- Ball: Balls shall be provided for all games.
- Length of Game: Each game shall last 15 minutes or until a team reaches 16 points, whichever occurs first. If at the conclusion of 15 minutes of play, the game is tied, the next team to score, shall win. No specific margin of victory is required.
- Scoring: All baskets made within the 3-point line are worth one point; all baskets made beyond the 3-point line are worth two points.
- Clearance: Following a defensive rebound or change of possession, the ball must be cleared to a distance equivalent to the top of the key in any direction from the basket. A shot taken and converted without proper distance shall not count, and the offensive team shall retain possession.
- In-Bounding: After a basket is made, the defensive team shall obtain possession. All in-bounds must be checked by the defensive team.
- Violations, Fouls, and Out of Bounds: All violations and fouls will result in the opposite of the team committing the infraction obtaining/retaining possession of the ball. The opposing team shall inbound the ball at any position behind the 3-point line. Any ball going out of bounds shall also be in-bounded from any position behind the three-point line, regardless of where the ball went out of bounds.
- Time-Outs: Neither team shall be permitted any time-outs. Time may be stopped by the Game Official in case of injury or other extenuating circumstance.
- Shot Clock: No shot clock shall he present, however, each team must make consistent attempts to score. If in the opinion of the Game Official, a team is employing stalling tactics, the ball shall be awarded to the opposing team.
- Omissions: In cases where rules are not outlined in the Hoop Games Rules, the Tournament Director reserves the right to use common sense, fairness, and the spirit of the games in providing interpretations of the rules.
- Decide number of players
- Complete entire registration form. (print legibly, DO NOT guess on a players
height or age)
- Enclose a non-refundable entry fee and entry form. Accepted method of payment are cashiers check or money order. Do not send cash.
There are risks connected with my participation in this tournament and its related activities. I release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Hoop Games, event sponsors, event charities and
their workers, employees and directors, from all action, suits and demands whatsoever in law or in equity from demand, losses or damages on account of injury including death caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise. Players’ eligibility for NCAA, collegiate sports and local school districts vary. The event organizers are not responsible for determining each player’s eligibility. Before registering, contact your coach or athletic director and ask how your eligibility would be affected, if at all, by registering for this tournament.
Further, I hereby grant full permission for event organizers to record any or all of my participation in this event for photos, motion pictures, TV, radio, recordings, videotapes, and other media known or unknown, and to use them, no matter by who taken, in any manner for publicity, promotions, advertising, trade, or commercial purposes, without any reimbursement of any kind due to me, or the need to pay me any fee.
ENTRY FORM IS RECEIVED
Once your entry form is received with payment, a confirmation letter will be mailed or emailed to the captains address, or called for pickup. Visit our website at WWW.HOOPGAMES.COM for directions to the tournament.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION
Early bird registration ends 05/20/2017
Team check-in is at 9:00am event day, at the event site.
Each player will be provided a commemorative t-shirt by Hoop Games, if the paid registration is received by the specified cut off time.
8939 E. Stockton BLVD, Elk Grove CA, 95624